Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hurray!


Happy National Popcorn Day!

Here's my favorite way to pop it:

Add two swirls of olive oil in a pan on your stovetop.  To that, add one kernel of popcorn, and cover the pan with a lid.  Turn the burner on to medium-high, and heat the oil until the kernel pops.  When it does, add 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels.  Once those start popping, turn the burner to medium and let that corn pop!  Shake the pan frequently to avoid burning.  Once the popcorn has finished popping, dump into a bowl.  I salt mine lightly.  Sometimes I add a little grated parmesan and oregano, if I'm feeling adventurous.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anne D said...

That does sound good.

I haven't had any popcorn in a while, and one of my favorite silly shows is on TV tonight. Perhaps it's time, although mine will have to be microwaved.