Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Doodles


I'm carving out a little time each day for playing in my art journal.

Very satisfying.  I'm committing to an hour everyday.  In the past, my art journal sort of resided on the back burner.  It feels too much like playing, and not enough like working.  But, then, that's the point, right?  As I once heard, "in our play, we reveal what kind of people we are" (Ovid, Roman poet).  So, really, play is essential, isn't it?  Without it, I know for me anyway, I do become a bit blob-ish, uninterested, and therefore uninteresting.  Haha.

It's such a small thing, really, making time to create just for the sake of creating.  Just for the sake of playing around.  But it's hard for me to give myself permission to do that.  For a whole host of reasons.  For now, though, I'm quieting those limiting thoughts, the "you should be doing fill-in-the-blank-here", all of that noise.  For the sake of reintroducing myself to my muse.  For the sake of play.  For the sake of becoming interesting again, if only to myself.


No comments: