Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Doodles + Scraps of Fabric = Big Fun

While playing in my art journal, I had some lovely inspiration and some fun ideas.  Don't you just love it when that happens?  I wish I could bottle this feeling, so that the next time the I-don't-know-where-to-start, I-don't-have-anything-to-do blues start up, I could uncork it and sip the inspirational eau de vie!  

Anyhoooo...

I digress....

As I was saying, I was doodling in my journal and thinking up new ways to translate drawings into quilts or stitchery or whatever.  



My play has moved from my art journal to my sewing table.



I'm doodling with my sewing machine, and piecing everything together in an improvisational log cabin block with bits of fabric from my scrap bins.



Then wrapping the whole thing up and around a canvas.  Happyhappy.  Joyjoy.



I'm having the most fun scrapping my little doodles together in these quilt-y pieces.  I can't seem to stop.  But why would I?   So freaking fun.

5 comments:

Anne D said...

What fun! I love how you've translated the doodles in your journal into doodles with fabric!

Anonymous said...

Love your doodles! What fun! You are an inspiration!!! Thanks.

Laura said...

I love this! Would look so neat on a fabric purse or bag...

Lynda said...

Love these!

Jessica Hadden said...

Oh, doodle block love!