Saturday, February 16, 2013

Studio Tidy-up

It had to happen.  This is where I started last Saturday.  Not a clear spot in the place.  Nowhere to work.  Supplies and fabric and books scattered on every available flat surface.  It gets like this when I'm in the throes of creativity.  I think we all sort of work like this...at least I tell myself I'm not the only one.  Finally, it gets to a point when I just can't stand it anymore, and I have to stop and get it together. 

And it takes forever, because I get caught up in minutae like this...color-coordinating markers in this FAB soft drink carton.  I've had this in my kitchen for quite some time, but it just sat there with nothing to do.  Meanwhile, in my studio, I'd amassed copious quantities of Copics and other markers.  They told me they wanted to live here.  I'm tickled pink.  And aqua.  And lime green.

Et voila!  Finally today, a clear space.  For about an hour or two.  Haha.  Let the wild rumpus begin!

What are you working on this weekend?

2 comments:

Anne D said...

Good on you! I love the look of your studio, it's so you. I have some small cardboard fruit crates that bags of Clementines came in that I'm using to store tools, so I appreciate your soda carton. Maybe I'll start saving that sort of thing too, although the ones we have aren't as sturdy-looking.

I am trying to finish an old class project (bead embroidery) this weekend, so I can get moving on the new online class that started this last week. I keep getting stuck because I have too many choices and can't decide which beads to use. Eeeep.

A bird in the hand said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, including getting distracted while I'm tidying up because I can't stand it anymore!!! xo