Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Plenty of Me to Go Around

Well, I'm a bit embarrassed to tell you that I've not really been on my weight loss program the last week or so.  Don't get me wrong.  It's not that I don't want to get this body back into shape.  It's just that my enthusiasm to do it has waned a bit.  I know this happens.  I get it.  It's just that I didn't expect it to happen so soon.  I'm being gentle with myself about it, knowing that when it feels right, I'll get back on track.  I'm also trying to reframe it for myself at bit.  Looking at it as taking care of myself, rather than depriving myself.  Moving my body to loosen my tight muscles and quiet my chatty mind.  I'll get there.  In the meantime, there is plenty of me to love. 

It takes more than just a good looking body.  You've got to have the heart and soul to go with it.
Epictetus

2 comments:

Anne D said...

[hugs] I love all of you, including your wonderful mind.

Don't beat yourself with the guilty stick, you'll get back to the program when you're ready.

I haven't even managed my daily walks lately; I've been saving my energy for vacuuming and other boring things.

Marian Hertzog said...

I am right there with you! I have tried to get back on track after the Holidays... I can do ok for a day or two. I try to make good choices but I struggle too. I have been trying to think about summer clothes and just maybe going to the beach in a bathing suit... God help us!