Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Stitched Valentines

 
 
 Over the weekend, I did some stitching.  Shocking, I know.  I was feeling very valentine-y, so I cut out a big stack of little cotton hearts, in pinks and reds.  So fun.


 
 I set myself up in my favorite cozy spot, brewed a cuppacuppa and sat down to work...make that, play. 

 
 I had a lot of fun pulling out bits of vintage trim from my stash, and plucking tiny mother of pearl buttons from my button jar.
 
Then I just layered things up.  A bit of fine white linen for the backing, then things like velvet ribbon, vintage rick rack, embroidery floss, buttons, and the hearts.  All in the sweet and love-ly palette of pink, red, and white.  *heart*




 I was inspired by those conversation hearts candies...remember those?  I even bought a bag on my way home Friday night so I'd have the right phrases to add to my hearts.  Clever, eh?  And tasty, too!

 I added a bit of mellow yellow and this length of brown velvet ribbon to one of them.  Just to change things up a bit. 

 I am a collector of phrases and quotes, so I selected a few of them for these mini art quilts.  Perfect.


 I think this one might be my favorite.




 I adore this quote by Audrey Hepburn.  So true.



 And Oscar Wilde.  Always a favorite.


 I even made one for those of you who are a bit jaded when it comes to Valentine's Day, love, hearts, and cupids.  Love stinks, right?


Such fun.  And they are all now listed on my Etsy shop.  Happy hearts.



No comments: