Monday, January 7, 2013

I Drank the #scrappytripalong Kool-Aid



So...over on Instagram is this: #scrappytripalong which I saw repeatedly on friends' posts throughout the last week or so.  Oh lordie.  I am so sucked in.  The blocks people were producing were so fun and vibrant.  Looking at them was like quilting crack!  Finally, I realized that resistance was futile and I drank the Kool-Aid.  I went through my stash, pulling those that I loved but hadn't slated for another project.  Frankly, it's been so long since I pieced a quilt top, I didn't really have any fabric slated for any project, so it was pretty easy to choose!  Having selected my stash, I was all in.

I forgot what a very meditative process piecing a quilt top is:  pressing the fabric, cutting the strips, then cutting the squares and piecing them together.  The fun was in putting the squares together for the block so that they look random, but also like they belong together and complement each other.  I love that part.

 I got my first block together pretty quickly.  (It was a pretty dark day yesterday.  Lots of clouds and some rain.  So my photos are a bit glare-y.  I'll post more as I progress.  Hopefully, we'll get a little sunshine.)

Completely oblivious to the long to-do list I started in the morning, I forged ahead and put together a second block.  My latest addiction....






2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ooohhhhhh! You are making me want to quilt!

Anne D said...

Those are wonderful happy fabrics!

By the way, will you be teaching any classes this season? I was just thinking that I could use a new Tammy Gilley creativity fix. :)