Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I've Been Up To


Sorry.  I went dark there for a bit, didn't I?  I've been playing.  Sometimes in my play, I forget to check in.  Forgive me, won't you?



I thought I'd share a little of what I've been playing around with:  a few pages from my art journal. 



Just a mix of color,



a bunch of doodles,




ooohh, yeah, and some painting, too.



Little bluebirds.  Don't you just love when your palette gets all paint-y and colorful?



Playing with shapes and sequences on unstretched canvas.  Black and white can be fun, too.



A little bit of stitching.  I don't know what's going to happen to these yet, but I am so in love with them.

 

A small snippet of a bigger piece.



WIP.  Layers of vintage fabrics in different textures.  Very tactile and colorful.  Am loving the way it's going.



Another work-in-progress.  This one is a grid of 2" squares.  I'm filling it with tiny stitched motifs, that I can use as a sort of stitch reference for other work.  At least that's the plan.



From my Imagine stitchery sampler.  I just love the image, so I thought I'd share it again.



Oh, yes I did.  It took ages and ages.  Totally worth it.  I now have five boxes of floss, all categorized by color.  Fantastic.

What have you been up to?

1 comment:

collarcitybrownstone said...

Hi,

Strangely enough I just found your blog after looking through an old 2008 issue of Somerset Life magazine. I was admiring your pink and green organizer and decided to check out your blog. It is nice to see that your blog is still up. Many of the bloggers that were on in that issue no longer have their blogs up or have been missingi n action for a long time. Anyway, after seeing your pretty organizer from way back when I decided to pretty up a new one I just bought for 2013.