Monday, October 1, 2012

Creative ADHD



I had a very productive weekend!  Not productive in the sense that anything got done...but I did manage to touch just about every art or craft supply that I currently own.  So, I don't know what kind of productivity that qualifies as, but I had a very good time!  haha  I started out early Saturday morning with my cuppa joe and a few doodles.  



Then, I pulled out a piece of toile I bought at a flea market a few years ago.  It's been looking very lovely in my stash, but decided to put it to work.  I'm making a sort of trench topper to wear over jeans, since jeans seem to be the only thing I want to wear lately, and let's face it, I need something long to camouflage the muffin top.



It's about halfway finished.  This is when things get a little dicey, because not finishing something like this all in one sitting doesn't bode well for it's actual completion.  I'm so in love with it, though, that I feel like I'll get back to it.  I'm going thrifting with my oldest nephew on Saturday, and I'd love to wear it.  Incentive is a very good thing.  So is a deadline.



When I'd had enough sewing, I went right into painting.  I have a show next month at Wholesome Blends in NE Portland.  A coffee house of a friend of mine.  So excited.  And I'm painting like a mad woman to fill up his walls for a month.  Again, deadline working its magic.  haha



I finished up the weekend with a cold beer and a little stitchery.  Perfect ending to a lovely weekend. 

1 comment:

Eugenia said...

Where would we be without ADHD and coffee? I love all the hopping. That little makes my has itchy for stitching.

Yahoo.