Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New Mini's


I spent the entire weekend in my studio this past weekend, and loveloveloved it!  Finished up some new mini's, little 5x7 and 6x6-inch canvas boards.


When I started out, they were going to be journal covers.  But they sort of morphed into more detailed designs, and I think they can stand alone as little bits of framed art.  I'm going to head to the thrift shops this weekend for funky little frames that I can paint and put them into.  


I'll be showing my work in November at the Wholesome Blends, a coffee house here in Portland.  I'm super-excited, and busybusybusy creating fun new work for Scott and his gang.  More on that in later posts, but it's fun to be working towards a deadline.  I work so much better that way. 


I've got a few larger pieces started, but I'm feeling the urge to go even bigger - like 36x36 inches.  I've never painted that big before, but the smaller canvas seems a titch confining right now.  My arm wants to paint big, bold brushstrokes.  It's going to be fun to play around with that.


 As I'm painting, all of these other ideas are springing up:  how to adapt these designs to stitchery samplers, creating prints and having the prints become journal covers, creating teenytiny prints and turning those into pendants.  Lots of creative mojo going on!  Very.exciting.around.here!













No comments: