Friday, September 7, 2012

How Following My Blog Could Change Your Life, and Morning Pages


Following my blog?!  Hey, thanks!  You may already be a winner!  What's that?, you say.  Well, leave a comment here if you're my blog follower and you could win a $100 gift certificate to spend in my Etsy shop!  Yup.  Just for reading my random thoughts and looking at my pretty pictures.  And $100 to spend any which way you like in my Etsy shop, while perhaps not life-changing, could be a whole lot of fun, n'est-ce pas?



What?!  You're not following my blog?  That's okay, you could be a winner, too.  Just click that "Join This Site" button over there on the right sidebar, and magically, you are following my blog.  Then,  leave a comment here to be entered into my $100 Etsy shop gift certificate drawing.  What a great way to end the week, eh?



Today's pretty pictures?  They're from my morning pages journal.  I worked through The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron about a hundred years ago, and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!  I actually took a 10-week class through PCC with my sis and our friend Linda.  It was an amazing 10 weeks, and made more so working through that book with Krissy and Linda.



 Many of you may also have read the book, and if you have, you already know about the magic of morning pages.  For those of you who haven't read The Artist's Way, stop what you're doing right now and go get the book - check it out from your library, get online and buy it, borrow it from a friend.  But read it.  You won't be sorry. 



I absolutely love my quiet time in the morning for "purging on the page", listing random thoughts, making lists, whatever comes to mind.  And it's so much lovelier when I have a pretty book to write in, and my favorite smooth-writing pen.  Once I get going, the thoughts just seem to flow, and my hand can barely keep up.  Not all mornings are like that, but honestly?  Many of them are.  And it makes for such a wonderful start to the day, to have all that mojo going.  Do you do morning pages?  When you leave you're "I'm a follower" comment, I'd love to hear how you spend your quiet writing time.

8 comments:

Anne D said...

I admire your dedication and determination! The Artist's Way does look interesting, I shall check it out forthwith.

Teah said...

I am a follower. I spend Sunday afternoons with my journal writing and doodling away. Love that processing and decompression time!

Marian Hertzog said...

I am a follower and enjoy your blog and creativity! If I can get quiet time I usually journal and pray. I love morning quiet but do not get it very often. I have started an art journal and need to use it more often! You are an inspriation for that. Thanks!

Deborahk said...

love your site. so glad I found you.

Deborahk said...

I am a follower now! my quiet time is usually in the evening. i journal or create something.....simple jewelry...a card....scrapbook page.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and have been faithfully following for a while. I have never heard of the morning pages but I am very intrigued by the idea. Will explore it!
Ruby

worldfreeumovies said...

It sounds very interesting!
i like the post very much keep it up
Yah this blog is making a dfference. I love it.
Buy AC online

worldfreeumovies said...

It sounds very interesting!
i like the post very much keep it up
Yah this blog is making a dfference. I love it.
Buy AC online