Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Baublicious


I dug into my bead stash the other day and have had such fun making baubles.  It's good for me to switch gears a little bit...keeps the creative juices flowing.  When I get stuck in one medium, I start something else completely different.  It would be so easy just to say, "Screw it, my mojo has run out of gas",  pour myself a glass of wine, and watch When Harry Met Sally for the 8,064th time.  But I can do that any old time, so I switch gears to see if I can keep on creating.  Usually, I can trick myself into it.  :)


Like now. 


I love to create a handful of earrings first, because they go so fast. And from there I design go-withs: a necklace, a bracelet, whatev. 


I haven't sat down with the intention of solely creating a bunch of jewelry in a long, long time, so this has been really fun!  I forget how much I love to put colors and shapes and textures together.  It's kindergarten all over again!!  Fantastic!  How about you?  What are you up to?


2 comments:

Anne D said...

Shiny!

I'm trying to get started again, but it's hard. Also, I've about run out of family and friends to foist my stuff onto, so it's harder to find excuses to make things.

But your sheer joy in creating is inspiring, so I'm going to try to jumpstart myself again, real soon now.

Ornery's Wife said...

Like Anne D above, I am in a bit of a slump. Good to see you back with some new posts--have missed your creativity!
tm