Friday, March 16, 2012

My Stitch Journal


I love to stitch.  As you know.  And I definitely have some favorite stitches.  They're the ones I go back to time and time again.  But I'm trying to branch out a little bit.  Try new ones and add them to my repertoire.  So, I started a stitch journal - because that's what I do.  Need to organize something?  Make a journal.  Need to pull a lot of information into one place?  Make a journal.  So.  I made a stitch journal.  Which is fun, actually, on many levels.  1) I love any excuse to buy a new spiral bound notebook, with it's fresh and clean pages; 2) doodling makes me happy; and 3) I have about a half dozen stitchery reference books and can never remember which stitch is in what book.


I've only gotten a few stitches doodled and explained, but I think this is going to be a great resource for me.  And, I love to share, so I thought you might also benefit from my efforts.  So, periodically I'll put up a new stitch right here on my blog.  To get there, just click the My Stitch Journal tab up top.  You can download and print it for your own personal use, keep it with your needle and thread for reference.  Just a little thank you from me to you, for being such a lovely person.

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Your drawings look great! I think it's kind of tricky to draw everything just right -- the floss wrapping in the right direction, making the needle straight, logical order of step 1, 2, 3, etc. Great job!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great idea! Your drawings are fabulous!