Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Up.Cycled.



I love hats.  And I have a lot of them.  But this one needed fixing.  Needed Tammy-fying.  This particular logo?  Not so important to me.  (I'm afraid of the ball.  If there had been a Snickers or Popsicle label on this hat, it probably wouldn't have been embellished.)  I saw this post over on  Alisa's blog many moons ago, and was totally inspired.  At the time I didn't have a hat, or even an idea what I wanted to do.  I just loved the way this looked!  So, when this hat came into my life as my summer walking regimen morphed into autumn, I knew it needed a little somethingsomething.


Then I remembered Alisa's toot.  FINALLY last weekend (this one was lost somewhere in my messy studio until I found it during The Great Purge of 2012)...anyhooooo, finally last weekend, I fixed my hat.  

I got into my red and aqua scrap baskets, cut some strips, square, and a heart.  And voila...this hat was made for walkin'.

And that logo?  An improvement, me thinks.  Sorry Phil.


2 comments:

Marian Hertzog said...

I love what you did with the hat... I am def a Snickers or Popcicle girl too... it hurts when the ball hits you so who wants that?

Tammy Gilley said...

Couldn't agree more, Marian!