Saturday, February 11, 2012

Treasure Nests


I'm so thrilled to be teaching Treasure Nests this spring at Wild at Heart Studios in Friday Harbor.  It will be my first time to what I imagine is a lovely little town in the Puget Sound.  All that water and green, green beauty...a wonderful getaway.  And I'm excited to be able to teach this class over two days.  It will give us a chance to make bigger baskets, or make several smaller ones.  Awesome.  It's such a meditative project.  Once you get going, it's like walking a labyrinth.  I absolutely love this class.


Here's a little glimpse into what's in store for you:


I call it nesting; that urge to surround myself with all of my little treasures and all the things I love.




These sweet little nests are made from scraps of your favorite fabrics, bits of yarn, and then embellished with your wonderful tiny treasures. After that, use them to store your crafty doo-dads, hold your jewelry, or sit on your coffee table with a stack of love notes and colorful postcards.


Treasure Nests are the perfect little happy place to showcase your bits and baubles and to stash your goodies.



Each student will leave class with at least one completed Treasure Nest, brightly colored and embellished with lots of your fun little treasures.


Wild At Heart workshops are held at Earthbox, "a retro motor inn" according to their website.  FAB!  And there's a spa.  I know I'll treat myself to a little massage before teaching.  Hey, if you're in need of a little getaway next month, why don't you come join me?  We'll have a lot of laughs, get some stitching in, and who knows, maybe even spot a whale or two. 

No comments: