Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Purging and Stitching


I may have bitten off more than I can chew.  This is my studio.  In it's before state.  It's much better after the purgefest this past weekend, but still isn't done.  *sigh*  It is shaping up quite nicely, however, and I can see what it's going to look like when I'm finished purging.  But the clearing out and letting go part of the project is taking longer than I anticipated.  A few more hours here and there, and I should have it wrapped up with a big bow, and can show you.


In the meantime, I'm stitching.  Still downstairs, otherwise my project will get lost in the sea of chaos that is my studio.


But I'm working on a sweet little sampler for the new year.  My "feeding my soul" sampler I posted about a few days ago.






I have just a few little details left to stitch, and then I'll be on to quilting.  I love the way it's going.





I started with a sketch, but once I added the main element, the design sort of stitched itself.  I love when that happens.





Oh how I love a French knot.  They are so much fun to do, once I got the hang of them.  And not all of mine are perfect, as you can see here, but that's what gives the piece its wabi-sabi-ness.  I love the imperfections of hand-stitching.


So.  Just a little stitchery break from the studio purge.  Keeps a girl sane. 

1 comment:

Ornery's Wife said...

Sounds like we are on the same path with our studios. I read a blog yesterday that is hosting a round-up of studio organizing. I was motivated to rearrange and reorganize my own space--it seems like I am doing that on a much more frequent basis than one really ought! I am glad I don't have more stuff than I do!

I am with you on the French knots. I haven't done any embroidery in way too long, but of all the stitches, the French knot was by far my favorite. I got very good at them last time I stitched; I hope it all comes back to me when I pick it back up again!

Enjoy that tidy work space while it lasts! :)
tm