Friday, January 6, 2012

Keep It Simple, Sweetie

Some very simple stitchery I did last fall.  One of several needlebooks I'll be listing on my Etsy shop soon.  Just unearthed (otherwise, I would have listed them for the holidays...really the perfect gift for a stitcher...quelle domage) in the disaster area that I call my studio.  Egads. 

Definitely.Not.Feeding.My.Soul.  The studio mess, that is.  To escape it, I close the door and take my goodies downstairs to the living room.  De-Nile ain't just a river in Egypt, lady.


So, the time has come.  I've cleared the calendar and have two full days this weekend to pull every last bit of ***t out of that room, purge, sort, organize, purge, and then, hopefully (please dear God, let it be so) finish up late Sunday with a beautiful and tidy and inspiring space to create.


Do you think that's too optimistic a goal?  To a mere mortal, perhaps.  But whoever this motivated, energized, and clear-the-crap-and-get-organized crazy lady is who has taken over my body...SHE can get it done!


I took photos of said disaster area this morning to share with you.  Hanging my head in shame.  Fortunately (for me) they are super blurry and you can't really see what's going on in there.  Come to think of it, maybe those are exactly the photos I should share.  You know, like vaseline-covered lens close-ups?  Mais, non.  I think not.  I want you, my bloggy friends, to see me for what I am:  an unorganized, messy, creative soul.  So, tomorrow.  Before photos.  Sunday.  After photos.  And maybe some wip photos, too (assuming I'll be able to find the camera).

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's that time of year!!!! I'm with you sista!!

Anne D said...

Good on you, and, well, I will try to emulate your good and inspiring example.

Mardi said...

Oh you give me hope! I saw a photo of your new space on Pinterest, and was stopped in my tracks."Why couldn't I have a bright, happy, colorful studio like this one" I thought. When I clicked over to your blog and saw the before photos, I was immediately lifted out of a down mood. It might take me more than a few days, but I do have hope now. Thanks for sharing!