Monday, December 19, 2011

Pre-Christmas Painting

I recently decorated our home for the holidays.  And I went all out this year...every stitch of Christmas kitsch I own is on the tree, on a surface, or on the wall.  I haven't felt this festive and jolly in years!  Seriously.  Don't know what little elf got into me, but I'm definitely channeling the exact opposite of The Grinch or Ebenezer Scrooge.

Our thermostat is in our foyer, in this little nook for a bench or chest.  Fine.  But why, oh why did the builders put it smack dab into the middle of the wall??

Throughout the year, I hang a painting right over it, which my sweet friend Linda painted for me.  With all the Christmas cheer set out on the antique stereo there, I decided I needed a painting that better reflected that jolly-ness.   So, I went up to my messymessymessy studio, blazed a trail to my paint table, throwing things on the floor so I could sit in my chair and work.

And I worked up the little painting above.  It sort of looks like our house (only ours is yellow and doesn't have polka dots or a green chimney, but other than that it's exactly like it - haha).  And now this hangs over that damn thermostat.  Fa la la.


 So, here's hoping you're feeling the Christmas spirit and getting jolly at your house, too. 





4 comments:

Anne D said...

Your art always brightens my day!

Ornery's Wife said...

Zoe Cottage has a few of those "why oh WHY did they do that?" places as well. Looks like you solved your problem! :) Merry Christmas!
tm

Stacy said...

I have a thermostat right in the middle to. love your solution. i am trying to get into the spirit. just seems that Christmas came so fast this year....
Have a Merry Happy Christmas!

Laurie said...

That is too sweet! I'm glad to hear you are in such a festive mood. Merry Christmas!