Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pillow Talk

I finished up a couple of new pillows.  A bit of fluffed-up stitchy goodness.  I don't know about you, but I love little pillows tossed about hither-thither around our home.  Sweet little bright spots on the sofa or window seat. 


I added little stitched bits to the overall design - some crocheted cotton trim from my grandmother's sewing room, some vintage buttons and floral jewelry findings.  Little bits of happy.


Happy little pillow.


The larger petals of this flower are from a vintage table cloth I got at a tag sale that had a whole bunch of holes (like really big ones - I have no idea what could have happened to it), but it was 50 cents.  The perfect price to cut up and use for a project like this.



I added in a few little stitched flowers and vintage rick rack.  So sweet.



Both pillows are available on my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

Ornery's Wife said...

Oh, so lovely. I especially love the first one and it would go so nicely in my living room. I might just have to buy it!
tm

Patty Radish said...

I love your blog! I've been a fan ever since I saw your art quilts in Art Quilting Studio, Spring 2010. So inspiring! Patty Radish, radishpm@aol.com