Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things To Do Today


 I have a favorite little ditty I like to put on my artwork.  I haven't used it in awhile, but it popped into my head today as I was ticking off the to-do list, and beginning to freakoutjustatinybit and I thought you might like it, too...

Things to do today:
Breathe in
Breathe out

Isn't that a great reminder?  (If only I could remember it more often.)

So, if you're freakingoutjustatinybittoo, try taking a little time out, just you, and do one of these:

Twirl.

Sing yourself silly.

Color in a child's coloring book.

Watch the sunrise or the sunset.  I mean really watch it happen.

Make a daisy chain.

Lay on a blanket in the grass with your dog.

Tell your toes a joke.

Pick a bouquet of flowers from your garden.

Make a boat from a milk carton.  Sail it in your tub.

Doodle.

Swing in a hammock.

Check out a book from the library...one for the sheer pleasure of reading.

You choose.  Pick one.  Savor it.  And then come back and tell me all about it. 


4 comments:

Anne D said...

Oh, they all sound good. When I have time... someday...

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Love it - perfect reminder!

Stacy said...

My new mantra, breath in, breath out. Love all of your suggestions!

Allison Joyner said...

Love it, I definitely needed the reminder amidst finals! I think I'm going to doodle, it makes all the engineering diagrams cuter :-)