Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wet Paint

While I was at Artfest last month, I took a painting class from Syd.  It was fantastic!  I adore her style, and to spend a day painting with her was such fun!  I've been playing around with some of her techniques, adding them to my own, and seeing what happens.  Loving it!

Working as an artist and building my creative business has me doing a lot of exploring, discovering, uncovering.  I feel a bit like Nancy Drew, with paint on my fingers.  It's a good mode to be in, though, and one where I feel very comfortable.  Things are moving along well in my studio.  Summer is just around the corner, and I am applying for a few summer art fairs and artsy/antique-y festivals.  Applications for fall shows are starting to come out, too.  I've got no shortage of ideas for new products and tons of sketches to be painted.  My estate sale wish list is loaded with "props" I hope to find for display in my show booth...things like a wicker plant stand for my art prints, tab-top sheer curtain panels for "walls", and old doors and screen doors to hinge together for a hanging system.  A treasure hunt and future d-i-y projects.  Heaven!

Hope today finds you full of inspiration and dream-doing.  It's the stuff life is made of, n'est-ce pas? 

No comments: