Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Step by Step

I can't remember where I saw these words awhile back...

"every step you take
is a step away
from where you used to be"

Don't you love that?  It really got me to thinking about moving forward,  making changes, improving...all of that.  And really, I'm not talking about sweeping or radical changes.  Just a tweak here and there.  Making a conscious choice to make each step I do take a little better, a little more purposeful.  And living life authentically.  And what does that really mean to me?  Hmm.  I don't know about you, but I can get caught up in "the routine", and the to-do list, and the stuff.  And through the busy-ness that all of that brings, I don't notice that my hostas are growing like crazy in the garden, or that the tiny birds with yellow bellies are flocking to my bird feeder.  It's all about making choices, right?  I can choose to go on autopilot through my day, ticking items off the checklist, rushing hither and yon.  Or.  I can choose to slow it down.  Pay attention to the springtime smells when I've top down driving around town.  Have my latte "for here" instead of "to go" in a paper cup.  Mm-hmm.  I'd like to slow these steps down a bit.  It will all get done.  This isn't a race.

3 comments:

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Amen Sista! Love that quote! Here's to taking steps and enjoying the moments! Does that mean I can throw my "to do" list away?

Jeanne said...

Life it too short - I'm so happy to hear that you are stepping back to enjoy it!
xo
jeanne

Laurie said...

Perfect reminder. Enjoying life and being aware of our blessings is a good step!!!