Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday Stitches

I had it in my mind all last week that I was going to change things up a bit and do some painting.  I even prepped some cedar panels and sketched some drawings onto them.  And then the siren call of my embroidery floss and silk scraps and vintage fabrics was too much to resist.

I abandoned those prepped painting panels and started a few little stitched bits instead.  I joked about it not too long ago - about all I wanted to do was stitch.  It seems to be, in fact, the truth.  Because I haven't given painting a second thought all weekend.  I'm content to stitch, stitch, stitch. 

And.  So excited - I'm headed to Artfest on Wednesday with my good friend Linda.  I'm so looking forward to five days of arting, arting, arting.  It's such a treat, and I feel so fortunate to be able to go.  (Naturally, I've already begun packing up some stitching projects to do in the evenings.  I may be taking classes during the day, but I'll get my stitching in, in case you were worried I might go through some sort of withdrawal.  Seriously - do I need to find myself a stitchery 12-step program?)

Anyhoooo.  I digress.  Artfest.  There's nothing like having a chunk of time blocked out for creativity.  Just knowing that for those days I don't have to do anything but feed my creative fire - no dishes, no phone, no cute furry dog who needs a walk - it's blissful, just thinking about it.  

Machine-stitching these polka dots was crazyass fun.  But it appears that I may have been driving under the influence.  (I wasn't.  This time)  Gotta love the wonkiness of it, though. 

In other news, my little hat do-over was featured over here, which was a fun little surprise.  

Hope you're having a lovely weekend, and finding time for your own creative endeavors.  

I just re-read this post.  It's a little pinball-slingy-crazy in its jumping from subject to subject.  I started to revise, then decided to leave it as it is, because this is how my brain is working right now - in a pinball-slingshot-boomerang sort of way.  I thought it might be more entertaining in its unedited form.

5 comments:

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

Love love love all your stitchin and your pinball post!! I so wish I was coming to Artfest! You and Linda Lou have a wonderful time! Hugs!!!

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Such pretty stitchery! I have pinball-ish days, too. Have fun at Artfest!

Sandra L. said...

No problem with pinballing--it's the way my mind works.

I hope you have fun at Artfest. I have been to Art & Soul Hampton and Art-is-You in Conn. Lots of fun!!! Rice Freeman-Zachery is coming out with a book on art retreats this fall, BTW.

Halo Hill said...

It's beautiful!! Isn't Art Fest fun??

Sheila

reenie said...

what the hell is artfrest and where is it? DO YOU SELL THIS STUFF????

Where where where? Do you have anything on Etsy?