Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hard at Work

 As you can see, Kip-the-Wonder-Dog/Office Assistant is working hard this morning.  Honestly, I can relate.  I'd love nothing better than to laze about in a hammock, and read a book today.  Sounds great, doesn't it?  Outside, the birds are chirping the sweetest song, the sun is trying it's best to break through the low clouds.  We had rain yesterday, and everything feels so fresh. 

I haven't been doing much in the studio lately.  This little pillow I finished awhile back.  I seem to have these peaks and valleys...periods of lots of activity and creative flow, followed by periods of quiet.  I used to get really worked up about the quiet times, always feeling I should be doing something.  But I've learned these quiet spells rejuvenate me for the work and inspiration ahead.  So, I try to relax into them.  I could learn a lesson from my dog.  I doubt he's worried right now, stretched out on the top of the staircase, about what needs doing, squirrels that need chasing, robins that need barking at.  Nope.  Definitely not.  He's snoring to beat the band.

The timing for the Creative Souls Telesummit couldn't be better, really.  During these down times, it does my muse good to seek out new ideas, read poetry, listen to wise souls.  I'm excited about the first session today!  I'll be at the gallery during the live webcast, so I'm happy they are making the sessions available later on their website so I can listen to it tonight.
Hope you're having a lovely Tuesday, whether its full of activity or just a quiet break.

3 comments:

Gail said...

This reminded me of the Zora Neale Hurston quote.... “There are years that ask questions and years that answer.”

I think something similar could be said in regards to studio productivity.... time for processing, time for producing.
: )

I love your happy work!

Anne D said...

Kip is... is... making Important Artistical Plans! Also keeping the house from blowing away. It's important work, and very exhausting. :)

Cassie Shella said...

I think your dog has the right idea! Take it easy and enjoy the sun when it comes out, because lately, it's been stuck behind the clouds more than it's had the chance to come out:) Have a wonderful week.