Friday, March 11, 2011

Scenes from Craft Night

It was craft night at Christine's house last night.  I love craft night.  We're a small group...just the two of us.  I love spending time with my pal.  We don't get together often enough, but when we do, we just pick up right where we left off.  We've actually managed to squeeze a craft night in twice in the last month or so, and we're feeling pretty good about that! 

This is a new stitch-y project (I know!  Another one!!  Are you agast??!!)  Eventually it will be a really big bag.  But right now it's getting a little vine and some daisies. 

So, here's how craft night works for Christine and I.  First of all, it's just the two of us (we have a bigger group that gets together very irregularly), and whoever in her family is home for dinner (she has teenagers, so it's always a question of who will be around).  I get to her house about 4:30, and we commence with wine drinking.  Because crafts go together so much better with wine.  I sit in the kitchen while Christine cooks dinner.  (This may be my favorite part about craft night, because I'm not cooking.  Don't get me wrong, I love to cook.  But I also love to be cooked for.  Hello?!) 


The term 'craft night' is used very loosely, for a myriad of reasons...

1) Wine.  Sometimes it causes me not to want to craft at all.  Not always.  But sometimes. 

2) Neither one of us really does crafts.  I mean, there are no popsicle sticks or googly eyes within a ten-mile radius of her couch.  Christine knits, and I work on whatever project beckons at the time of packing-my-vintatge-train-case-for-craft-night, usually stitchery or my art journal.  I used to knit, but not so much anymore, because I taught Christine to knit, and now she's waaaaaay better at it than me, and it's just a little embarrassing.


3) Jane the Craft Dog.  She loves me.  She needs her head rubbed, please.  Can't you put that needle and thread down and scratch my belly?  Uh huh, that's the spot.  And look how cute I am when I put my paw on your arm when you try to stitch again.  (And when I get home, Kip takes one sniff and looks at me like, "Why?  Why are you cheating on me?")

Can't wait for next month.

1 comment:

Sandra L. said...

I wish I had a craft friend. I do have them, but they live two hours away. Perhaps I should visit them more often?

Glad you have a good friend to hang with there!