Friday, February 11, 2011

Heart Art No. 9, 10 & 11


Heart Art No.9 - Your work is to discover your work, and then will all of your heart, go give yourself to it.  Buddha


Heart Art No.10 - When friends meet, hearts warm.  proverb

Heart Art No.11 - a journal cover.  Umm...yes.  That's meant to be me.  I probably should not quit my day job.  haha

TGIF everyone!  What's on the docket for your weekend?  My Beloved is working most of the weekend...'tis the season - state swimming championships coming up...so, I think Kip and I are going to hang around the homestead all weekend.  Cook some yummy, healthy things to eat.  Go for walks.  Make some stuff.  I love weekends like this!  Don't get me wrong, I love the going-out-and-playing weekends, too - dinner with friends, shopping at places like this and this, puttering around here - but sometimes, a clean-slate-of-a-weekend, with nothing on the books, endless possibilities - sometimes that just gets me all a-wiggle with giddy-giddy-ness.

It can be a curse, though, too.  With all that un-calendared time ahead of me, it's easy to let it get away from me - a little straightening up here, run get a latte there, walk Kip to the park - before I know it, it's Sunday night and I've gotten nothing accomplished!

Fortunately, the to do list is raw-ther lengthy right now, and I've been down with a cold lately, so I'm super-motivated to get going in the studio.  I don't think I'll have any trouble filling up my hours this weekend.

What do you have going on, friend?

1 comment:

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Tammy, I've gotta say that I'm lovin' the colors in all these hearts! No. 9 is esp. yummy.

The weekend is b-u-s-y for me. We're throwing a big party for my boss (who is also my friend)- lots to do. It's a lot of work, but it'll be a lot of fun, too. I've made some party decorations - I may post some pics on Saturday.