Friday, February 4, 2011

Heart Art No. 3 & 4

Heart Art No.3 - This scrappy little heart is from the same piece of hodge-podge stitchery that I posted the other day.  It's all vintage silks and brocades and yummy-ness.  In fact, the heart itself is from a bit of silk that was from my grandmother's sewing room.  I'll bet I've had this bit of fabric for...hmm...a loooooooonnnng time.  Every bit of fabric she owned was pink, or had pink in it...unless it was a black and white print.  Very fun.

 Heart Art No. 4 - just playing in my art journal this morning.  Love that phrase from the song from way back when.  Love.the.one.you're.with.  And who are you with 24/7/365?  Y.O.U.  So, come one!  Let's stop what we're doing, and thrown our own arms around our own bad selves and have a great big love-myself-fest!!  And say "I *heart* me!"   Are you feelin' it?  I'm feelin' it!

3 comments:

Deb Kennedy said...

Well, I'll say this about that... AWESOME! You jump-started my creativity, Miss Giggles! I'm doing my own version of your heartART on my blog - 'creative heARTs'! Thank you for being SUCH an inspiration....

Sandra L. said...

I'm a little behind on the hearts, but I am enjoying yours very much.

That's cute about your grandmother's fabric. I didn't get any fabric from my ancestors but I did get an old Singer treadle machine, which I had wanted since I was a child. It no longer operates but it makes a great place in my craft room for family photos. And the drawers are a great place to keep my embroidery threads, needles, etc.

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Oh my - number 3 is so yummy!

I've made some collaged hearts - feel free to check 'em out on my blog.