Thursday, January 27, 2011

Re.Entry.

Hey, I'm glad you found me over here.  I'm simplifying.  Re-grouping.  Re-focusing.  Finding balance.  (Ahhh...deep, contented breath.)

All of this contented bliss comes after eight freaking days trying to import my Typepad blog over here.  Egads!  What a headache!  For days on end.  Lots of frustration.  And I still can't make it happen. 

So, for giggles, I tried importing my Typepad blog to a Wordpress blog.  You know, just to see how big a moron I really am.  And guess what?  It worked!  I was doing it right!  So, you can also see my archives over here.  But not here.  Nope.  Not on Blogger.  I mean...really?  Come on, people.  You're powered by Google.  Get it together!

And then, today?  I realized something.  I checked out on January 7th to re-group and re-focus and find a balance and learn to breathe again.  What I really meant, I think, was start over.  Begin again.  Clean the slate. 


So.  That's what I'm doing.  I'm okay with not being able to import my old stuff.  If you'd like to see it, it's over here.  And here.  But now?  I'm moving forward.

I've been feeling creatively bedraggled since the holiday show blitz.  Can't find my mojo.  Started painting, only to paint over what I've started.  Started stitching, only to rip those stitches out.  I just couldn't get it going.  Ever have those days.  That turn into weeks?  Sad.  Sad, sad, sad.

Nothing for it, really, but just to step away from the studio.  That's right.  Get out of there!  Mm-hmm.  That lasted about six hours.  Long enough to see a movie with my girl, feed the dog, and load the dishwasher.  And although the muse wasn't exactly singing my song or calling my name, my little room under the eaves was a MESS!  Stuff thrown on piles thrown on stuff during the holiday show schedule.  Maybe what I really needed was a purge-fest.  Out with the old, in with the new.  Clear out the cobwebs yada yada yada. 



And, just like that.  As if someone flipped a switch in my peabrain, and made my little heart go pitter-pat.  I am en fuego, inspired, on fire, baby!  And everything I seemed to be searching for after the holidays, and all the little notes I wrote to myself when I woke up in a panic at 3:12 am (does anyone else wake up at exactly the same time every single night when she's stressing herself out?  Can I get a show of hands, please?  Where are my neurotic soul sisters?).  All of that seems to be coming together.  Things are happening.  Paint is going nicely onto canvas, colorful stitches are finding their way onto white linen.  I'm sleeping until the alarm goes off at 5:30.

Can I get an amen and hallelujah, puh-leeze??!!


Now.  Of course.  Nothing is finished, per se.  A lot of wip's.  But, that's what tomorrow is for.  Tomorrow is another day.

8 comments:

Deb Kennedy said...

Welcome to the Blogger Bunch, Miss Tammy ;0) It's a rollercoaster ride here! I just love how you write, and look forward to dropping in often...

Susan from The T-Cozy said...

Welcome to your new blogging home! I, too, would love to make the move from Typepad. So sad to hear that it can't be imported into Blogger at this time. Guess I'll stay put for now...

Cindy (JunqueArt) said...

glad you found your mojo! and I do that waking up at the same time in the middle of the night thing! CRAZy!

Anina said...

Welcome back Tammy!I recently did some cleaning and purging in my sewing room and it definitely re-awakened my industrious self.
Feels so good!
I can't wait to see what you whip up next.

Juanita said...

I am loving the linen with the green and pink applique'!
Isn't it amazing what a little clean-up job can inspire? Gald you're back in the mojo!

Sandra L. said...

Oh, I know what you mean about making little notes to yourself at 3 in the morning! I have little notes all over the place, even though I try to keep a notebook. The notebook turned into three notebooks. I'm hopeless. Sigh...

Glad to see you are back!

happy zombie said...

No matter where you go or what you do... I will follow you like a little puppy dog.

PS... I got so excited about your blog move that I accidentally made a little puddle by your blog's front door... right between the blog and spot. Woof.

GeorgiaPeachez said...

OK, this is weird and I don't understand it. When I saved this new blog address to my Google Reader, your imported Typepad entries were there, all dated 01/24/11. Once I actually opened up the blog however, not there. ???